Today I wanted to make a list of my favourite distraction tools that I use to help me in difficult moments. I will admit that it’s easy to say “just distract yourself” and much harder to actually do it, but it is helpful if you can get the impotus to try 🙂
In no particular order:
1. Colouring it turns out that adult colouring books exist and are very pretty! The Mindfulness Colouring Book is my current one.
2. Cuddle a pet obviously this does require a pet to be effective… But I cuddle a teddy when there’s a lack of animals around! But seriously, giving my dogs or cats some attention makes me feel physically warm inside. It makes me feel safe and loved.
3. Watching a favourite tv series from the beginning as long as your favourite thing isn’t super serious then this one is great!
4. Enjoy the wonder that is youtube. Kati morton has amazing mental health videos on her channel (Click here to see)and I also love Grace Helbig for entertainment. She is simply hilarious.
5. Phone somebody just chat. Listen to their stories and just separate from your own life briefly.
6. Listen to music or even create a whole new playlist 😉
7. Write, draw,or blog about what’s on your mind
8. Do something for yourself my favourites are buying a Costa, painting my nails or having a hot bubble bath.