I have been reading the book Quiet by Susan Cain recently. She has studied the role of nature and nurture on personality, and writes in detail about what introversion and extroversion really are.
I used to think that my lack of interest in large social events was just my depression or ed talking, but the book has made me see that it’s simply who I am. Introverted doesn’t mean stupid, uncaring or shy. I actually care deeply about the circle of close people in my life, but I only enjoy seeing them in a quiet, sober, countryside walk kind of environment.
I really believe that having a mental illness teaches you more than you can imagine about yourself. Long periods of depression make happy times so much more previous and vivid I think.
Today I’m going to make a list for my brain about things I know about myself:
1. I have no patience!
2. I like small group social activities
3. I hate feeling overstimulated. Too much noise, too many people, two things playing over each other etc make me uncomfortable.
3. I am a thinker. I think about everything in a lot of detail.
4. I am a perfectionist.
5. I can get bored quickly and crave something to challenge my mind.
6. I love physical activity.
7. I can work in a group, but I feel at ease when I can do things uninterrupted and in my own way.
8. I hate odd numbers so I had to write this one to make it even!!
Lol. I agree with almost all of these (but I hate even numbers :p)
I’m introvert too, But I don’t like being so because I feel so alone,I can’t have new friends and I am so clumsy. .. Accepting yourself is a very good thing! But so difficult!
You don’t have to be lonely. I think that being introverted just means you need a small number of really important people in your life. You don’t need a crowd of “friends” who you don’t really trust xx
You ‘ re right, But I haven’t found them yet. ..And I have fear I will never find someone with whom I Can be myself completely. ..
You will; there are people for everyone! Just always be yourself x
Thank you! You certainly are a special Person! 😊